POPS PICKS: London Cocktail Week
In celebration of their 10th year, for 2019 London Cocktail Week will take place over ten days! Everything kicks off on Friday 4th October when a Festival Pass entitles you to £6 cocktails at over 300 bars across the capital. You can browse the collection here.
The Cocktail Village located in the Truman Brewery on Brick Lane will be the hub from Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th October. Featuring 40+ pop-up bars (including a replica Izakaya alley & a cocktail mixer truck), Street Feast food vendors and live entertainment; here’s some that caught our eye:
- Bourbon & Bites: Maker’s Mark teaming up with Crosstown Doughnuts for dessert dreams.
- Enter the Dark: Discover your dark side with Coca-Cola’s signature mixers.
- Fentiman’s Tropical Rum Bar: 360 virtual reality bar, transporting you to a tropical island.
- Monin Fairground: Nostalgic flavours such as Candy Floss Slushies.
- The NOgroni Bar: Seedlip & Æcorn serve up what to drink when you’re not drinking.
- Passoã Sunset Porn Star Martini Bar: Celebrating the passionfruit cocktail
- Schweppes Garden: An immersive sensorial garden
London will be over-flowing with events to celebrate the city-wide festival, including many with free entry! Check out a few of our picks:
- Bombay Sapphire Lounge, Frieze London
- Hendrick’s Gin Tini Martini Townhouse, Shoreditch
- Franklin & Sons Flavour Discovery Maze, St James
- The Experimental Negroni Club, Covent Garden
- Tokyo’s Star Bar flies to Sexy Fish, Mayfair
- The Sidecar Bar, Sketch
If the idea of enjoying cocktails at home is more your thing, we whole-heartedly recommend a deliciously smooth sorbet in flavours such as Espresso Martini and Gin & Lemon. Find yours in Harrods, Whole Foods and Bayley & Sage.